debbugs (2.4.1) unstable; urgency=low
* Colin Watson:
- Exit the CGI scripts straight away if the HTTP method is HEAD, to save
- Display pending+fixed bugs as "fixed in NMU", not "pending upload".
- Add a man page for debbugsconfig.
- Report original tags when changing them, closes: #170630.
- Add missing tags to db2html's output, closes: #50746.
- Add a 'submitter' command to service, based on a patch by Matt Kraai.
- Remove the final use of cgi-lib.pl, so it's gone. Remove copyright
notices that were there due to using it.
- Accept ';' as well as '&' as a CGI argument separator.
- db2html now works with the new hashed database layout.
- Disable the fixed severity in favour of the tag.
- MIME-encoded messages to bugs are displayed in decoded form on the web
interface (unless the "mime=no" parameter is used), closes: #136114.
- Add facility to search by tag.
- Fix rebuild script and add it to the example crontab, closes: #139696.
- Silence postinst warning if spool/db doesn't exist, closes: #194892.
- Clean up the definition and use of $gCGIDomain, closes: #139697.
* Adam Heath:
- Convert all code to use global read/write functions, instead of having
it duplicated everywhere.
- Trim trailing whitespace from pseudoheader values. Closes: #153590.
- Warn when reassigning to an unknown package. Closes: #60595.
* Josip Rodin:
- Added a terse=yes mode for bugreport.cgi, possibly useful for
monstrously long bugs.
- Purged needless date(1) forks, replaced with strftime.
-- Colin Watson Fri, 6 Jun 2003 09:25:30 +0100
debbugs (2.4) experimental; urgency=low
* Updating the package with what's in CVS, even though this might
completely break things for people who've been using the previous also
broken package. :) Upped the minor version since the changes
are noticeable, and uploaded to experimental, just in case.
* Applied speedup patch, that uses references, instead of copies.
Thanks to Thomas Smith. Closes: #87176. [Adam]
* Reverted some parts of the speedup patch because it breaks the API.
* Bugs that are tagged fixed are now listed in a separate section in the
web pages. Patch from Colin Watson. Closes: #86922. [Adam]
* Added support for an additional Maintainers.override file, which is read
after the normal one. This allows the normal one to be externally
updated, but still have local overrides. [Adam]
* Put and on the same line as the title since some lame
browsers don't seem to like it otherwise. [Josip]
* Include a mailto: URI in the header for a bug report. [Adam]
* Added support for filtering on subject with include=subj:foo (exact
match, case sensitive). [Anthony]
* Added a missing http://, thanks to Julian Gilbey. [Anthony]
* Use by-*.idx indices to speed up pkgreport.cgi. [Anthony]
* Support "maint=" in pkgreport to give packages without a maintainer.
* Updated Postfix documentation. [Darren]
* Use two variables in order to reduce the amount of path hard-coding.
* Added support for storing the files in a hashed directory (db-h), with
the same hash layout as archive/. [Adam]
* Added support for tracing of bug state changes. This date is in
$gSpoolDir/debbugs.trace. It is locked (as debbugs.trace.lock) while
accessed, and appended to. Currently, nothing uses this trace file and
it isn't even cleaned up, which can be easily fixed with a simple cron
* Tell sendmail to queue outgoing mail for later delivery, instead of
immediate delivery. [Adam]
* Added a keywords header to outgoing email responses. [Adam]
* Use Resent-From: if From: doesn't exist. [Adam]
* Added appropriate Reply-To: lines for the ACK messages that could use
* Add $gUnknownMaintainerEmail to the list of maintainers to mail in case
an package with no maintainer is referenced. [Adam]
* processall locks 'incoming-cleaner' before starting, so we don't have
multiple copies of it running at the same time. [Adam]
* Sort bugs tagged 'pending' as 'pending upload', between 'forwarded' and
* Add support for searching by source package. pkgreport.cgi takes src=,
and both pkgreport.cgi and bugreport.cgi have enhanced HTML headers now.
* Add support in the CGIs for:
* 'raw' sorting. This does no grouping based on status or severity, and
just lists bugs in number order.
* reversing the order that bugs are displayed. This does not affect
severity or status ordering.
* inclusions/exclusions of status and severity. Also, support reverse
sorting of the above.
* Make it possible to ban people from control@bugs. [Anthony]
* Don't lie about missing Subject:s being an RFC822 violation, because
they aren't. [Anthony, Josip]
* Added preliminary support for ###-request. [Adam]
* Added preliminary fast indexing support. [Adam/Anthony (?)]
* Added preliminary support for CC:ing @packages.qa.debian.org.
* Added preliminary cloning support. [Anthony]
* Link to submitter's web page, patch from Matt Kraai. [Josip]
* The autoconfig thing in the description is gone, closes: #124537.
* Fix viewing archived bugs by source package, closes: #121082, #146484.
* Depends: libmailtools-perl rather than mailtools, closes: #113028.
* Add MIME support to process and service, and depend on libmime-perl as a
result, closes: #36813. [Colin]
* Trim Bug#12345: from the Subject:, not "Bug#12345: [", closes: #78123.
* Be more careful about loop detection, closes: #113514. [Adam, Colin]
* Relax the syntax for 'tags' slightly, since people seem to use it that
way accidentally a lot, closes: #96164. [Colin]
* Give better feedback from pkgreport.cgi when querying a non-existent
package name, closes: #93433. [Colin]
* Remove support for -fixed address from receive, since nothing else
supports it. [Colin]
* Prevent people from reading the first line of arbitrary files through
bugreport.cgi, thanks to Max . [Colin]
* Add working-for-me instructions for exim setup on non-dedicated sites,
together with Chad Miller's suggestions, closes: #78688. [Colin]
* Fix a few typos, closes: #146745, #152751.
* Update the copyright file with the current list of maintainers and a
pointer to ViewCVS.
* Remove lynx-cfg, and use 'lynx -cfg=/dev/null' instead. [Colin]
* Various other things, not worth mentioning here.
-- Colin Watson Sun, 17 Nov 2002 17:54:49 +0000
debbugs (2.3-4) unstable; urgency=low
* Added a check for unwanted characters in the part of request passed on
to sendlynxdoc that gets passed to shell. [Josip]
* Applied Rob Browning's patches to remove more Debian-only stuff,
closes: #80077. [Josip]
* Fixed the nextnumber misplacement (it should be in spool dir, not config
dir), and added a note about running debbugsconfig after changes to
config file, thanks to Rob for the hints. [Josip]
* Changed Maintainer: to point to debian-debbugs. Added myself to
* Fixed Lintian errors: file-in-etc-not-marked-as-conffile (except
for lynx-cfg which is a gross hack anyway),
-- Josip Rodin Thu, 7 Feb 2002 17:30:17 +0100
debbugs (2.3-3) unstable; urgency=low
* Fixed examples installation, debbugsconfig should actually work now,
closes: #77126. [Josip]
* Removed all traces of the package after purging, in postrm. [Josip]
* Added pkgindex.cgi, package/maintainer/submitter indices. [Anthony]
* Moved readparse to common.pl, since it's, well, common to all the cgi
stuff. Other fixes in common.pl. [Anthony]
* Moved some of the pkgreport.cgi logic from common.pl into pkgreport.cgi.
* Random typo fixes in the CGIs. [Anthony]
* Made the CGI scripts use the common.pl from their directory and not
/usr/lib/debbugs nor ~ajt/newajbug. That stuff should actually _work_
now, argh. [Josip]
* Added bug subject and package name in closing messages. [Josip]
* Fixed errorlib filename (removed the .in part), this stuff should
actually _work_ now, argh. I shouldn't be repeating myself. [Josip]
* Escape +'s in URLs, closes: #75220. [Anthony]
* Skip checking for new installs or the config file, debbugsconfig needs
to regenerate the HTML, and it will detect existing conffiles. [Josip]
-- Josip Rodin Fri, 1 Dec 2000 15:01:40 +0100
debbugs (2.3-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Tweaks to the [pkg|bug]report.cgi scripts
* Merged README and README.Debian (not quite yet)
* Sundry of patchs from netgod.. see list archives for details :)
+ a bug report that's already been closed, it seems, #36147
+ the send|get command will accept two digits, closes: #39063
+ fixed reference to Debian in the copyright, closes: #39540
* Provided a CNAME in control@ as well as submit@ for severity
* mailsummary mails $gSummaryList@$gListDomain now, closes: #36181.
* Ray's fixes are now included, one way or another, closes: #37210.
A bug's severity is set to default one before trying to merge it,
which fixes #47026 filed against bugs.debian.org, and closes: #50106.
* The ACKs now clearly says which addresses should be mailed,
* Fixed how /usr/lib/debbugs is prepended to $PATH, closes: #63216.
* The $gHTMLSeverityDesc variable is now properly terminated,
* Policy 3.2.1 compliance, includes Build-Depends: debhelper, which
* Doesn't install the Maintainers and pseudo-packages.description files
in the /etc/debbugs directory, it instead copies it from templates if
they don't exist, closes: #70749, #37120.
* A `priority' command now handles severities, closes: #45818.
* Fixes and additions to scripts by Adam Heath.
* Fixes and several new features in the CGI scripts by Anthony Towns.
* Small fixes and updates to scripts, build system and docs by Josip Rodin.
-- Josip Rodin Wed, 8 Nov 2000 19:12:01 +0100
debbugs (2.3-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Fixed the send message bug that resulted in the same words (subject)
being printed out over and over and over again
* Added CGI scripts to make retrieval of individual bug reports realtime
* Created upgrade notes from 2.2 to 2.3
* Added a variable for where the "mailsummary" reports go
* Added optional bug archiving for expired bugs
* Added "fixed" to the default severities
* Some scripts are now perl -w clean.
* Added "severity display" to "Summary of outstanding reports"
(db/ix/summary.html and db/ix/psummary.html)
* Added a variable to allow for a uniformed and starting text tag
* Send both message that closes and original bug to bug submitter
* Fixed X-Debbugs-CC header
* Improved ability to skip pgp signed and mime encoded messages when
looking for commands (control@ and request@) and pseudo headers
* Cosmetic changes...
-- Darren Benham Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:27:22 -0700
debbugs (2.2-3) unstable; urgency=low
* Perl Depends change
-- Darren Benham Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:27:22 -0700
debbugs (2.2-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Added mailtools to dependency
-- Darren Benham Thu, 13 May 1999 13:13:15 -0700
debbugs (2.2-1) unstable; urgency=low
* NATIVE Qmail (mailer) support! No more "other MTA" needed
for Qmail users!
* Improved sendmail support.
* Changed lynx dependancies to simply "lynx"
* fixed bad spelling in service script (fixes #36205)
-- Darren Benham Thu, 8 Apr 1999 16:00:32 -0700
debbugs (2.1-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Added variable in "bad email" message (receive)
* Fixed SUBSTITUTE_DTIME in main html pages
* Changed crontab sample (had bad directories)
* Added some documentation for MTA setup
* Added support for sendmail
* Removed use of btoa to move change around. It's non-free.
-- Darren Benham Thu, 1 Apr 1999 14:17:01 -0800
debbugs (2.0-1) unstable; urgency=low
* First public release of deb
* Config modification implemented
-- Darren Benham Sat, 27 Mar 1999 10:37:37 -0800
debbugs (1.0-4) unstable; urgency=low
* Tried a stopgap measure for config files
-- Darren Benham Mon, 15 Feb 1999 22:11:08 -0800
debbugs (1.0-3) unstable; urgency=low
* $gListDomain yet again
* removed nextnumber, config and text from deb for time bing
-- Darren Benham Wed, 10 Feb 1999 11:09:47 -0800
debbugs (1.0-2) unstable; urgency=low
* internal release
* fixed scripting bugs in list email
-- Darren Benham Wed, 10 Feb 1999 10:39:18 -0800
debbugs (1.0-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Initial Release.
-- Darren Benham Thu, 21 Jan 1999 20:55:51 -0800